Engage undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in a challenging academic environment.
- Educate, retain, and graduate the leaders of tomorrow at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels.
- Transform the curriculum and encourage innovation in teaching to provide students with the skills that they need to succeed in a rapidly changing society.
- Strengthen relationships with the state and with regional primary and secondary education systems to facilitate a seamless, lifelong learning process.
- Weave critical and creative thinking, lifelong learning and career skills, wellness, and sustainability into the curriculum, and align programs with the needs of society and the state.
- Improve retention and graduation rates.
- Attract and retain high-quality, diverse, and international students.
- Engage with the Pre K 12 education system and the Community and Technical College System throughout the state.
- Expand online and distance learning options to increase educational access.
- Offer excellent academic advising to students.
- Guide students to career success.