Excel in research, creative activity, and innovation in all disciplines.
- Increase scholarly activity and research that addresses the challenges faced by the state of West Virginia, the nation, and the world.
- Improve and expand graduate education and strengthen its connection to the University’s research enterprise.
- Encourage interdisciplinary activity in research, scholarship, and creativity.
- Establish an effective research infrastructure that facilitates the pursuit of research, and links research with education, global engagement, and economic development throughout the state.
- Invest in the hiring and retention of high-quality faculty and research staff who are committed to research success, and mentor staff and faculty to a high level of achievement.