Implement the strategic plan transparently and establish accountability at every level.
- Enact complementary strategic planning in colleges, departments, and units.
- Establish metrics and monitor rankings that compare West Virginia University to peer and aspirational institutions, and that compare progress with a current baseline as the plan is implemented.
- Initiate periodic reviews to drive improvement and to track progress.
- Re-examine the goals and action areas of the strategic plan periodically.
- Test future West Virginia University initiatives against the goals of the strategic plan.
- Develop appropriate management and advisory structures to implement objectives and actions.